Summer often means time for vacation and leisure activities, as well as taking advantage of nicer weather for outdoor fun. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, however, we know that extra exertion, particularly if you are used to a more sedentary lifestyle, can cause inflammation of the Achilles tendon. This long tendon that runs down the back of your lower leg from your calf muscle to your heel can become irritated due to overuse or sudden exertion. Left untreated, it can lead to debilitating pain and disability. The best way to avoid Achilles tendon issues is by gradually increasing physical activity and resting when the tendon feels sore. People who have flat feet have a higher risk of developing Achilles tendonitis.
Your Podiatrist will be able to prescribe the best treatment for your Achilles issues. While you heal, we have a few products that can be of help.
Achilles Heel Sleeve—slip on this supple fabric sleeve which contains a soft gel pad inside and you’ll experience immediate relief for your sore tendon. The Achilles Heel Sleeve protects the back of the heel from friction and provides gentle compression to reduce pressure around the hurting area. The pads in this product are washable and can be re-used many times. Latex free, it is designed to be worn with all styles of footwear. The Achilles Heel Sleeve is also helpful if you are suffering with Haglund’s Deformity.
Sore heels are often a byproduct of Achilles tendon problems. Heel pads and lifts are two solutions for relieving pain and stress on the heels. We offer several varieties:
Adjustable Heel Lifts—three layers of resilient rubber are 1/8-inch thick and can be peeled off one at a time to adjust to the perfect heel height to give you maximum comfort.
Felt Heel Pads—we offer these in a variety of sizes for men and women. The heel pads come in several different configurations and are latex free. See styles J-64 and J-22.
To see all of our products, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Have questions? Contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that heel pain is one of the most debilitating podiatric conditions for patients to deal with. Plantar fasciitis, a common culprit of heel pain, can have a few different causes. Whatever the source, however, wearing non-supportive footwear on hard, flat surfaces increases the strain on the plantar fascia and increases heel pain and discomfort. Fortunately, we have several solutions that can help cushion and protect hurting heels.
Plantar Fasciitis Arch Sleeve
This comfortable elastic sleeve contains a gel pad that can be positioned comfortably in the arch of the foot to provide support and relieve heel pain. The Plantar Fasciitis Arch Sleeve is also helpful in reducing strain on tendons and shock absorption, helping tired aching feet and preventing the foot from rolling. It can be worn with or without shoes for long-lasting comfort.
Gel Heel Cup
When you put a Gel Heel Cup in your shoe your foot will say, “Ahhhh….” This cup allows your heel to float on a soft cushion of gel and achieve superior relief for tender heels, especially if you need to stand for long hours. These heel cups are washable and can be re-used over and over again. They are designed to be used in all styles of footwear. They are also helpful in relieving discomfort caused by heel spurs, calluses and fat pad atrophy on the bottom of the heel.
By providing gentle compression to the arch of the foot, the Arch Binder comfortably lifts and supports the plantar fascia with its elastic sleeve. This helps to relieve pain in both the arch and heel. The Arch Binder slips over the foot like a sleeve, allowing for comfortable positioning. It also offers plenty of support to the forefoot. Universal in size, it fits either the left or right foot. This product is washable and can be used many times with proper care.
Don’t suffer needlessly. View all of our products designed to relieve pain and support healing from your foot and ankle disorders. To learn more about our products, visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
When your feet hurt, you want relief. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know our products are the best. Here are 10 reasons why you will want to make us your first and last stop for all your foot pad needs.
- Our products are made of high-quality materials and they work. Whether you are looking for items made of our soft gel, cork, foam, moleskin or felt, we make our products out of the most excellent materials. We also offer an extensive selection of tapes and wraps. Check out the testimonials from satisfied customers on our website.
- All of the items we sell were designed by a Podiatrist. Jill Scheur discovered the need for high quality foot pads at lower prices. Because she is a foot doctor, Dr. Jill’s products are precisely created to fill particular foot needs in the most effective, safest way possible.
- Professionals believe in us. We have a network of over 12,000 podiatrists, hospitals and other medical professionals who currently use our foot pads and padding supplies.
- We have an extensive product list and we can provide relief for common conditions such as plantar fasciitis, bunions and ingrown toenails.
- Our products are made in the USA.
- We offer same day shipping on most products.
- You can use any major credit card to pay for your order.
- Our customer service can’t be beat. If you have questions about any of our foot health items, contact us toll free by calling 866- FOOT-PAD or 866-366-8723. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer questions and guide you toward the products that will best help your particular condition.
- If you are the kind of patient who wants to see items in person, we also have a store you can visit in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- We offer free shipping for all orders over $25.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our online store today and get moving toward relief of foot pain and discomfort.
April is National Foot Health Awareness Month and we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads urge patients to pay attention to their feet. Inspecting your feet regularly will help you spot changes in skin and toenails, growths, lumps, wounds or other unusual symptoms that signal a podiatric problem. Foot pain is also not normal and should be diagnosed and treated by a Podiatrist.
Once your foot doctor tracks down the cause of your discomfort and prescribes the proper treatment for your podiatric condition, you need to protect the affected part of your foot or ankle during the healing process. That’s where we can help. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer products that help with many foot disorders (see our complete catalog online). Below is a sampling of products to help alleviate foot pain and protect vulnerable areas.
Achilles Heel Sleeve—patients with Achilles tendonitis appreciate the gentle compression that is applied to the back of the heel area with the Achilles Heel Sleeve. A soft gel pad inside the sleeve protects the sore tendon and prevents friction. It’s latex-free and designed to be used in all styles of footwear. The pads are washable and can be re-used over and over.
Gel Bunion Cushion—superior cushioning over the bunion area is provided by the Gel Bunion Cushion giving immediate relief from footwear pressure. These premier gel bunion cushions have a very soft and stretchy loop that slips easily over the big toe and will not get tight. Pads are available in regular and thick styles.
All Gel Toe Cap—although easily taken care of by your Podiatrist, few conditions are more painful than the ingrown toenail. Our All Gel Toe Cap is soft and slips over the entire toe. It has an extra padded gel tip to ease discomfort and protect the toe from shock and pressure. An added bonus—the gel slowly releases mineral oil to soften and moisturize the skin on the toe. The toe caps are available in four sizes to ensure a comfortable fit.
To learn more about these or other products that protect your feet, visit our Deerfield Beach store or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
If you are recovering from a foot problem or surgery or you suffer with a chronic podiatric condition, it’s time you find out what thousands of people have discovered: Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads can provide excellent and reliable relief. Below are reasons why we are your first and best choice for products to help with your foot problems.
We offer products to treat all podiatric conditions. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer hundreds of products that are specially designed to protect painful areas of your feet and also aid with treatment. We have innovative and economical solutions for plantar fasciitis, corns, calluses, hammertoes, bunions, Achilles tendonitis, arch issues and ball of the foot pain. Whatever foot problem you are suffering with, we have multiple products that will help.
Our products are created by a Podiatrist. Dr. Jill Scheur is the “Dr. Jill” who has designed and created our products. A skilled Podiatrist, Dr. Jill found while working with patients in her practice that there was a real need for high quality foot pads at affordable prices. We know our products work because an expert Podiatrist is behind them.
Doctors and hospitals trust our products. A vast network of over 12,000 hospitals, Podiatrists and other medical professionals use our foot pads and padding supplies. These expert recommendations can give you assurance that the products you choose will work.
It’s convenient to shop our online catalog. You never have to leave the comfort of your home to find the best products for your podiatric needs. Our vast selection contains gel pads, moleskin, foam, cork and felt. We also have a wide variety of tapes and wraps to meet all your foot health care needs. If you wish, you can shop in person at our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
We offer great customer support. If you have questions about any of our amazing products, you can always reach us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff is ready to help you.
Here’s a scenario that Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads commonly sees occurring in the month of January. Many people make New Year’s resolutions to get in shape. They are so gung-ho to achieve their goals that they start out a full speed—working out intensely every day for a week or two, even if they’ve been inactive for months. This often leads to very sore muscles and injuries. The Achilles tendon, the strongest tendon in the body, is one of the most commonly injured. Tight calf muscles, combined with exercise routines that involve stair steppers, hill running and prolonged activity that use the tendon quickly lead to inflammation, otherwise known as Achilles tendonitis. In worse case scenarios, tears or even a rupture can occur.
Achilles Products to Help
In most cases, rest and reducing strain on the tendon are recommended. We have products that can help:
Achilles Heel Sleeve—soft fabric contains gel pads gently compress the tendon area and reduce pressure around the sore area. The sleeve slips over the heel and up the ankle. The Achilles Heel Sleeve is washable and can be re-used over and over. It is latex-free and designed for all styles of footwear. Available in two sizes for a custom fit.
Adjustable Heel Lifts—three layers of resilient rubber allows you to set the height to 1/8, ¼ or 3/8 of an inch. Adjustable Heel Lifts have a suede leather top cover which makes them comfortable and durable. They are available in three sizes to all sizes of men and women’s shoes.
Other Heel Lifts—we also offer heel lifts made of cork, PPT and other materials to allow you to choose the best material for your comfort.
Felt Heel Pads– we carry a variety of heel pads that help alleviate heel pain. These felt pads fit most women and men’s shoes and are latex free.
Gel Heel Pads – these soft gel pads cushion the heels with each step. They are washable and reusable with a velvet soft top cover for extra comfort for your heels.
Heel Elevator – This foot elevator doughnut- style device helps lift the heel off the bed to prevent pressure. The cover is washable and the Velcro closure allows for an adjustable fit.
All of our products are designed by a Podiatrist. To see what other conditions we can help with, shop our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach store. Questions? Contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Running is a great way to get in shape. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, however, we know that it also can put quite a bit of strain on your feet and ankles. As a runner, there are some precautions you can take to help avoid harm to your feet. These include:
- Wearing the proper shoes. Running shoes are specifically designed for the motion and stress put on your feet by this activity. Be sure to get professionally measured and fitted and replace running shoes when they are worn out.
- Warm up. The proper stretches at the beginning and end of your run can go a long way toward preventing injury as well as several chronic foot and ankle conditions.
- Listen to your body. Always start out slowly and gradually increase your workout as your fitness level increases. If you experience pain, don’t try to run through it. Stop! If the pain is ongoing or acute, contact your Podiatrist to get it evaluated.
Common Runner Problems
Some lower extremity issues commonly associated with running include:
Runner’s Toe—the repeated hitting of the toe up against the front of the shoe can cause the toenail to become bruised and black. Avid runners are also at a higher risk for ingrown toenails. Don’t let a sore toe keep you off the track. Our All Gel Toe Cap and our Gel and Fabric Toe Caps can provide protective cushioning to the toe for increased comfort when you run.
Ankle Sprains—this is a very common injury, especially if you run on uneven surfaces such as city sidewalks or wooded trails. Full rehabilitation of ankle injuries is necessary to prevent weak ankles from becoming a chronic problem. Our Gel Malleolar Sleeve cushions the ankle and protects against impact, pressure and injury. We also offer moleskin rolls and an extensive variety of tapes in various materials and sizes to help ankles stay stable.
Achilles Tendonitis—this condition is prevalent among professional runners and “weekend warriors.” It can result from overuse or from a sudden increase in duration or intensity of your run. Hill running can also inflame this tendon. Try our Achilles Heel Sleeve or one of our heel lifts or pads to help prevent Achilles issues.
We have many other products that can help runners. Visit our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us by calling (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) for more choices.
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we understand how your feet affect the rest of your body. After all, your feet are the foundation of your entire body. How your feet feel has a significant impact on how the rest of your body feels and performs. Biomechanical dysfunction in your feet can cause misalignment and imbalances that cause stress and lead to foot disorders such as plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, post-tibial tendonitis, Morton’s neuroma, Achilles tendonitis, bunions, heel spurs, shin splints and tarsal tunnel syndrome. It can also result in knee, hip and back pain.
Pre-fab orthotics can help adjust for biomechanical problems. Other benefits of our pre-fab orthotics include:
- Help correct abnormal foot motion, provide support and stability, absorb shock and shift pressure off of uncomfortable spots on your foot
- Correct abnormal walking patterns which in turn increases balance and helps prevent falls
- Bring relief of foot pain and soreness for patients who are overweight, have to be on their feet for long periods of time or who have a leg length discrepancy
- Allow athletes to optimize performance while enhancing foot comfort
- Protect and increase comfort for patients with chronic conditions like diabetes and arthritis
- Slow or halt the progression of existing foot conditions
- Lightweight, super-thin design that is sturdy and durable
- Base that is anti-microbial and anti-bacterial
- Designed by a podiatrist
- Lower cost than custom-made orthotics
Our Arch Steppers and Memory Molds are available for men and women, can be used for all styles of footwear and have provided comfort and relief to patients for over 16 years.
Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads offers many products to relieve a full spectrum of foot and ankle problems. To view all of our products, take a look at our online catalog or visit our store in Deerfield Beach, FL. You can place your order online or contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Your Achilles tendon runs along the back of your lower leg, connecting your heel bone to your calf muscle. Although it is one of the strongest tendons in your body, it is also one of the most frequently injured.
Achilles tendonitis and tendonosis occur when the tendon becomes inflamed. Considered an “overuse injury,” Achilles tendonitis affects both serious athletes and “weekend warriors.” Some activities that put strain on the tendon are running—particularly sprints, which cause you to push off forcefully, stair stepping and hill climbing. Any sudden increase in intensity or duration of repetitive activities that put stress on the tendon can result in inflammation. Symptoms of an Achilles disorder include pain anywhere along the tendon, tenderness and/or a feeling of tiredness or sluggishness in the lower leg.
Relieving and Protecting
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we have 3 ways to help relieve the pain and strain on the Achilles tendon. These products, all designed by a highly experienced podiatrist, can help reduce the strain on the tendon and lessen pain:
- Achilles Heel Sleeve—this sleeve fits over your foot and covers it from above the ankle to the middle of your foot. Made of a soft fabric with gel pads inside to cushion the back of the heel area, the Achilles Heel Sleeve protects the affected part of the heel and leg from friction while gently compressing and reducing pressure around the sore areas. The sleeve is washable, and the pads can be re-used over and over again. It comes in 2 sizes, S/M and L/XL, and is suitable for use with all types of footwear.
- Heel Lifts—these are often recommended by podiatrists to reduce stress on the tendon while it heals. Heel lifts help your tendon to be stretched less and therefore more relaxed. We offer 3 types of heel lifts: PPT, Cork and Adjustable Heel Lifts, which are made of resilient rubber. With the adjustable heel lifts you can peel off one or two layers to adjust the heel height for maximum comfort. Heel lifts come in various thicknesses and a number of different styles.
- Heel Pads—these come in two sizes, J-22 and J-64. Heel pads also offer cushioning for protection and comfort to those suffering with Achilles tendon issues.
To order these or any of our other foot care products, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) or visit our Deerfield Beach store.