Running is a great way to get in shape. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, however, we know that it also can put quite a bit of strain on your feet and ankles. As a runner, there are some precautions you can take to help avoid harm to your feet. These include:
- Wearing the proper shoes. Running shoes are specifically designed for the motion and stress put on your feet by this activity. Be sure to get professionally measured and fitted and replace running shoes when they are worn out.
- Warm up. The proper stretches at the beginning and end of your run can go a long way toward preventing injury as well as several chronic foot and ankle conditions.
- Listen to your body. Always start out slowly and gradually increase your workout as your fitness level increases. If you experience pain, don’t try to run through it. Stop! If the pain is ongoing or acute, contact your Podiatrist to get it evaluated.
Common Runner Problems
Some lower extremity issues commonly associated with running include:
Runner’s Toe—the repeated hitting of the toe up against the front of the shoe can cause the toenail to become bruised and black. Avid runners are also at a higher risk for ingrown toenails. Don’t let a sore toe keep you off the track. Our All Gel Toe Cap and our Gel and Fabric Toe Caps can provide protective cushioning to the toe for increased comfort when you run.
Ankle Sprains—this is a very common injury, especially if you run on uneven surfaces such as city sidewalks or wooded trails. Full rehabilitation of ankle injuries is necessary to prevent weak ankles from becoming a chronic problem. Our Gel Malleolar Sleeve cushions the ankle and protects against impact, pressure and injury. We also offer moleskin rolls and an extensive variety of tapes in various materials and sizes to help ankles stay stable.
Achilles Tendonitis—this condition is prevalent among professional runners and “weekend warriors.” It can result from overuse or from a sudden increase in duration or intensity of your run. Hill running can also inflame this tendon. Try our Achilles Heel Sleeve or one of our heel lifts or pads to help prevent Achilles issues.
We have many other products that can help runners. Visit our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us by calling (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) for more choices.
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know that low or fallen arches are a serious condition that can affect many aspects of foot health. As a Podiatrist, the designer of our products, Dr. Jill Scheur, has seen many times how biomechanical problems in your foot can lead to debilitating foot conditions. Flat feet (or fallen arches) put additional stress on the plantar fascia and contribute to heel pain. They can cause your foot to overpronate and lead to metatarsalgia and create other issues that cause pain and discomfort in the ball of the foot as well.
One way of dealing with these types of foot disorders is by correcting the functioning and positioning of the foot. Arch supports are an excellent way to do this. Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads offers several options:
Gel Arch Pads—these soft gel supports feature self-stick cushions for easy application and can be used in all styles of footwear. They come in two different thicknesses, so you are assured a comfortable fit. The Gel Arch Pads are latex free and can be used over and over again. Simply wash and allow to air dry for long-lasting wear.
Arch Steppers—designed with a scientifically contoured arch, these flexible supports provide long-lasting comfort for achy, weak and tired legs. The Arch Steppers come in two sizes and are ¾ length, which means extra room in the toe area. Lightweight and durable, the Arch Steppers have a base that is microbial and anti-bacterial. They can be used in nearly all styles of footwear, including most dress styles.
Arch Binder—this elastic sleeve slides over the arch providing gently yet firm compression. It helps to lift the arch and support the plantar fascia and relieves arch and heel pain. The arch binder also supports the forefoot. One size fits most and it can be worn on either the right or left foot.
Low arches are one of the many foot problems that Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads can help with. To see all of our products, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Need assistance? Contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Toe deformities are a common condition that Podiatrists treat and we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads have many products that can help. Some of the better-known toe conditions that result in a crooked or bent toe are hammertoe, bunion and claw toe. In most cases, a toe moving out of its normal position is the result of a biomechanical malfunction such as a muscle tendon imbalance. This can be a hereditary condition or the result of an injury or a joint disease. Wearing shoes that don’t fit properly can make toe issues worse.
Footwear, however, is a problem regardless when it comes to crooked toes. Shoes are not designed to accommodate toes that are bent or out of place. Patients with these disorders find they also experience secondary pain and discomfort from the friction and pressure caused by a shoe on the deformed toe.
Below are some products that can help straighten toes and relieve pain:
Budin Splints—constructed of sturdy yet comfortable foam and elastic materials, a Budin Splint gently straightens a bent toe, allowing it to lie straight. This stops the friction on the top and tip of the toe and relieves pain from blisters and corns. We offer Budin Splints for one, two or three toes. This product allows patients to bear weight normally and can help prevent hammertoes from getting worse. Budin Splints are latex free.
Toe Separators—for toes that are pressing up against each other and trying to overlap, we have soft foam separators that compress easily and slip between your toes to cushion sore spots. Toe Separators prevent toes from rubbing against one another.
Triple Toe Gel Crest Pad—this comfortable pad made of soft, stretchy premier gel can hold 3 toes in place and prevent them from overlapping. Worn with the toe crest under the toes, it lifts up the tips of the toes to straighten and align them properly. Worn with the toe crest on top of the toes, it can hold 3 toes down and keep them straight. When used this way, it also can provide a protective barrier between the toes and the shoe.
These are just a few of the many products we offer to help with crooked toes. For more information, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
Here at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we are dedicated to helping patients with foot pain and discomfort. Pain in the lower extremities makes every day living difficult. Simple and essential activities such as standing and walking can become excruciating. That’s why we exist—to help people with foot problems.
Below are 8 reasons to try our products:
- Our products are designed by a Podiatrist. Jill Scheur, DPM founded Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads because she felt a strong need to provide patients, Podiatrists and other medical professionals and medical facilities with high quality foot pads that would bring real relief for all types of foot ailments.
- We have a wide variety of products for foot and toe issues. We feature hundreds of products to address the symptoms of many foot problems. Do you suffer with a hammertoe, bunion, ingrown toenail or plantar fasciitis? We have products that will help with all those issues and many more. Shop our online catalog to find the best product for your condition.
- We use top quality materials and production methods. We make pads from Felts, Foams, Moleskin, Gels and many more! We use the highest quality products available and manufacture them to fit properly and be long lasting.
- Our products are economical. Our products are offered at the lowest prices possible. Many of our pads are reusable. They can be washed and used over and over again many times if cared for properly.
- Excellent Customer Service. We pride ourselves on offering top notch, friendly and helpful customer service. You can contact us at any time and we will get back to you promptly.
- Same day shipping. If an item is in stock, we will ship it on the business day that the order is received.
- Free shipping available. If your order totals $25 or more, we will not charge you for shipping.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all our products.
Ready to try our products? Call us today at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store.