At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that few toe conditions are more painful than an ingrown toenail. As the nail grows down and into the skin surrounding the nail bed, the toe becomes red, swollen, warm and incredibly tender and painful. Once the nail actually breaks the skin, there is the possibility for infection too. Ingrown toenails can have several causes including:
- Improper trimming—cutting toenails too short and rounding the edges encourages nails to become ingrown
- Tight shoes and socks—footwear that is too small for your feet squeezes toes together and makes ingrown nails more likely
- Heredity—the tendency for ingrown nails can be genetic
- Trauma—a past injury or activities like running where toes experience repeated pounding or pressure are a risk factor
- Other nail conditions—fungal infections or losing a toenail from an accident can foster ingrown nails
Your Podiatrist will prescribe the correct treatment for your ingrown toenail depending on the severity and whether or not this is a chronic condition. In the meantime, we have a few products that can protect your hurting toe and enable you to continue your busy life.
Gel and Fabric Toe Cap
Soft, cushioning gel encased in a comfortable fabric slips over the entire toe to relieve pain and discomfort from ingrown toenails. The Gel and Fabric Toe Cap insulates toes against shock and pressure. The padded tip not only provides superior comfort and protection, it also slowly releases mineral oil to soften and moisturize the skin of the toes. Excess length can be cut and used to make a gel cushion for smaller toes. These toe caps can be washed and re-used over and over again.
All Gel Toe Cap
All Gel Toe Caps are soft and flexible enough to provide superior cushioning and comfort without feeling tight. These caps slip over the toe and have an extra padded tip the reduces pain and protects the toe from impact and pressure. Designed for use with all styles of footwear, these toe caps come in multiple sizes to fit every toe. Washable and re-useable.
Toe Caps- Ribbed Gel
Toe Caps – Ribbed Gel fit comfortably over any toe and come in multiple sizes. Fully lined with gel, the soft cushioning toe cap slips over the entire toe to help alleviate toe pain. These caps can be worn with any shoe and are washable and re-usable.
An added benefit for these products is that they can also be used to relieve discomfort from hammertoe, corns and partial digit amputation. Convenient online ordering available. If you have any questions about any of our products, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Toes–they may be little but at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know if they’re hurting, they can cause a big problem. When toes are in pain it makes it difficult to stand or walk. Wearing shoes can become a source of excruciating discomfort. Thankfully, we offer many products to help with a myriad of toe problems. Below are some of our more popular ones.
Ingrown Toenails—cutting toenails too short or rounding the edges can allow the nail start to grow into the skin surrounding the nail bed. Wearing shoes that are too tight can also foster the development of this painful condition. For some patients, ingrown toenails are a chronic problem. If you suffer with this disorder, consider our All Gel Toe Cap or the Gel and Fabric Toe Cap.
Hammertoes—so named because of the hammer-like appearance of the toe when it has this deformity, patients with hammertoes have to be careful to treat them in the early stages while the toes are still flexible. Without treatment, hammertoes can become rigidly bent in the misaligned position leading to difficulty with balance and secondary conditions of corns and calluses from the toe rubbing against the tops of shoes. Some products to try if you have a hammertoe include, the Triple Toe Gel Crest Pad, which can be worn with the crest on top of the toes to hold down three toes and keep them straight as well as provide a barrier to footwear. Some other helpful products are: our Budin Splint Triple Toe and our Foam Toe Separators.
Turf Toe—this injury is essentially a sprain of the big toe joint that can occur from a sudden jamming of the toe or repetitive stress on the joint. Less flexible shoes can help with turf toe as well as our Carbon Stabilizer Plates, which will limit the range of motion of the forefoot.
We have products to help with nearly any foot problem. To see all our products, view our online catalog or stop by our store in Deerfield Beach, FL. If you need more information about specific products, contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
When your feet hurt, you want relief. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know our products are the best. Here are 10 reasons why you will want to make us your first and last stop for all your foot pad needs.
- Our products are made of high-quality materials and they work. Whether you are looking for items made of our soft gel, cork, foam, moleskin or felt, we make our products out of the most excellent materials. We also offer an extensive selection of tapes and wraps. Check out the testimonials from satisfied customers on our website.
- All of the items we sell were designed by a Podiatrist. Jill Scheur discovered the need for high quality foot pads at lower prices. Because she is a foot doctor, Dr. Jill’s products are precisely created to fill particular foot needs in the most effective, safest way possible.
- Professionals believe in us. We have a network of over 12,000 podiatrists, hospitals and other medical professionals who currently use our foot pads and padding supplies.
- We have an extensive product list and we can provide relief for common conditions such as plantar fasciitis, bunions and ingrown toenails.
- Our products are made in the USA.
- We offer same day shipping on most products.
- You can use any major credit card to pay for your order.
- Our customer service can’t be beat. If you have questions about any of our foot health items, contact us toll free by calling 866- FOOT-PAD or 866-366-8723. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer questions and guide you toward the products that will best help your particular condition.
- If you are the kind of patient who wants to see items in person, we also have a store you can visit in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- We offer free shipping for all orders over $25.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our online store today and get moving toward relief of foot pain and discomfort.
April is National Foot Health Awareness Month and we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads urge patients to pay attention to their feet. Inspecting your feet regularly will help you spot changes in skin and toenails, growths, lumps, wounds or other unusual symptoms that signal a podiatric problem. Foot pain is also not normal and should be diagnosed and treated by a Podiatrist.
Once your foot doctor tracks down the cause of your discomfort and prescribes the proper treatment for your podiatric condition, you need to protect the affected part of your foot or ankle during the healing process. That’s where we can help. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer products that help with many foot disorders (see our complete catalog online). Below is a sampling of products to help alleviate foot pain and protect vulnerable areas.
Achilles Heel Sleeve—patients with Achilles tendonitis appreciate the gentle compression that is applied to the back of the heel area with the Achilles Heel Sleeve. A soft gel pad inside the sleeve protects the sore tendon and prevents friction. It’s latex-free and designed to be used in all styles of footwear. The pads are washable and can be re-used over and over.
Gel Bunion Cushion—superior cushioning over the bunion area is provided by the Gel Bunion Cushion giving immediate relief from footwear pressure. These premier gel bunion cushions have a very soft and stretchy loop that slips easily over the big toe and will not get tight. Pads are available in regular and thick styles.
All Gel Toe Cap—although easily taken care of by your Podiatrist, few conditions are more painful than the ingrown toenail. Our All Gel Toe Cap is soft and slips over the entire toe. It has an extra padded gel tip to ease discomfort and protect the toe from shock and pressure. An added bonus—the gel slowly releases mineral oil to soften and moisturize the skin on the toe. The toe caps are available in four sizes to ensure a comfortable fit.
To learn more about these or other products that protect your feet, visit our Deerfield Beach store or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
If you are recovering from a foot problem or surgery or you suffer with a chronic podiatric condition, it’s time you find out what thousands of people have discovered: Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads can provide excellent and reliable relief. Below are reasons why we are your first and best choice for products to help with your foot problems.
We offer products to treat all podiatric conditions. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer hundreds of products that are specially designed to protect painful areas of your feet and also aid with treatment. We have innovative and economical solutions for plantar fasciitis, corns, calluses, hammertoes, bunions, Achilles tendonitis, arch issues and ball of the foot pain. Whatever foot problem you are suffering with, we have multiple products that will help.
Our products are created by a Podiatrist. Dr. Jill Scheur is the “Dr. Jill” who has designed and created our products. A skilled Podiatrist, Dr. Jill found while working with patients in her practice that there was a real need for high quality foot pads at affordable prices. We know our products work because an expert Podiatrist is behind them.
Doctors and hospitals trust our products. A vast network of over 12,000 hospitals, Podiatrists and other medical professionals use our foot pads and padding supplies. These expert recommendations can give you assurance that the products you choose will work.
It’s convenient to shop our online catalog. You never have to leave the comfort of your home to find the best products for your podiatric needs. Our vast selection contains gel pads, moleskin, foam, cork and felt. We also have a wide variety of tapes and wraps to meet all your foot health care needs. If you wish, you can shop in person at our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
We offer great customer support. If you have questions about any of our amazing products, you can always reach us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff is ready to help you.
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know that an ingrown toenail can be extremely painful and debilitating. The most common cause of ingrown nails is improper nail care. It is essential to trim nails straight across and not too short. Do not file toenails with rounded or curved edges. This can make it easy for skin to fold over the nail and start to become ingrown. Other possible causes of ingrown toenails include:
- Trauma, such as stubbing your toe or a heavy object falling on it. Also, activities that cause repetitive pressure and banging to the toe such as running or kicking sports can encourage ingrown nails.
- Nail conditions such as fungal infections
- Improperly fitting shoes. Shoes or socks that are too tight or shoes with narrow toe boxes that squeeze toes together can also cause ingrown nails.
Your Podiatrist will recommend the best treatment for your ingrown toenail. It may be suggested that you start by soaking your nail in warm water several times a day and trying to gently massage the nail out of the skin—never attempt to cut the nail out! In some cases, a minor surgical procedure may be performed in the Podiatrist’s office to remove the nail’s border or root.
While you wait for your ingrown toenail to heal, we can offer relief from pain with the following products:
All Gel Toe Cap—a soft gel cap slips over your entire toe to ease discomfort and provide cushioning for painful nails. All Gel Toe Caps come in four sizes to fit any toe on men or women. These caps are designed to be used in all styles of footwear. They are washable and can be reused multiple times. An added benefit: the All Gel Toe Cap releases mineral oil which softens and moisturizes the skin surrounding the nail.
Gel and Fabric Toe Cap—this cap is made of gel and fabric and is intended for all toes except the big toe. Like the All Gel Toe Caps, these Gel and Fabric Toe Caps provide comfortable cushioning and insulates the toe from shock and pressure. They also provide gentle compression which can help control swelling. We also offer this product in a package of 6.
To see all the products we have to help hurting feet, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Have questions about any of our products? Contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
You’ve shopped and found the perfect gift for everyone on your list but now that most of them have been wrapped and the shopping, mailing, cooking and cleaning have been done, how about a gift for your feet? Those two amazing structures are what helped you get everything done this holiday season and at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we have some treats in store for your sore feet. Check out the products below to help relieve pain from common podiatric conditions and protect vulnerable parts of your feet.
Ingrown Toenails—for some patients, ingrown toenails are a chronic problem. Even if you wear the proper footwear that doesn’t have a narrow toe box which squeezes toes together, this can be a recurring condition. We offer a few products which can protect a sensitive toe that has an ingrown nail. These include:
- All Gel Caps—slips over the entire toe or finger and insulates it from pressure and shock. Comes in multiple sizes for a comfortable fit. Our Ribbed Gel Caps are latex free and are conveniently sold in larger quantity packs.
- Gel and Fabric Caps—this expandable, soft gel pad fits over the toe or finger and can be custom cut to the correct size.
Corns—these painful, hard spots on the feet often form due to pressure from footwear caused by a toe deformity or other biomechanical problem. Try these products to reduce pain:
- Clear Gel Pressure Points—apply directly to the corn to protect from friction and pressure.
- Gel Corn Pads—a soft fabric sleeve contains gel which breathes easily and stretches to fit your toes. Washable and reusable, these pads are made to be used in all type of footwear.
- Gel Ecogel Tubes Ribbed—if you have a distal corn, these ribbed tubes are fully lined with gel to protect the skin. They are latex-free and available in two sizes. All of our EcoGel items release mineral oil to help soothe the affected area.
Toe Deformities—the more you walk, the more the toe moves out of place and the more pain you feel. We offer several products to help re-align your toes and protect them:
- Toe Separators—we have a number of products designed to separate the toes made out of gel and foam.
- Splints—we also feature several splints for one, two or three toes. These are also available in various materials.
See all products for crooked toes when you shop our website by symptom. To learn more about these or any of our other products, visit our Deerfield Beach store or contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Running is a great way to get in shape. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, however, we know that it also can put quite a bit of strain on your feet and ankles. As a runner, there are some precautions you can take to help avoid harm to your feet. These include:
- Wearing the proper shoes. Running shoes are specifically designed for the motion and stress put on your feet by this activity. Be sure to get professionally measured and fitted and replace running shoes when they are worn out.
- Warm up. The proper stretches at the beginning and end of your run can go a long way toward preventing injury as well as several chronic foot and ankle conditions.
- Listen to your body. Always start out slowly and gradually increase your workout as your fitness level increases. If you experience pain, don’t try to run through it. Stop! If the pain is ongoing or acute, contact your Podiatrist to get it evaluated.
Common Runner Problems
Some lower extremity issues commonly associated with running include:
Runner’s Toe—the repeated hitting of the toe up against the front of the shoe can cause the toenail to become bruised and black. Avid runners are also at a higher risk for ingrown toenails. Don’t let a sore toe keep you off the track. Our All Gel Toe Cap and our Gel and Fabric Toe Caps can provide protective cushioning to the toe for increased comfort when you run.
Ankle Sprains—this is a very common injury, especially if you run on uneven surfaces such as city sidewalks or wooded trails. Full rehabilitation of ankle injuries is necessary to prevent weak ankles from becoming a chronic problem. Our Gel Malleolar Sleeve cushions the ankle and protects against impact, pressure and injury. We also offer moleskin rolls and an extensive variety of tapes in various materials and sizes to help ankles stay stable.
Achilles Tendonitis—this condition is prevalent among professional runners and “weekend warriors.” It can result from overuse or from a sudden increase in duration or intensity of your run. Hill running can also inflame this tendon. Try our Achilles Heel Sleeve or one of our heel lifts or pads to help prevent Achilles issues.
We have many other products that can help runners. Visit our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us by calling (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) for more choices.
In the past, you may have had to sit out on site seeing tours, skip the shopping trips or miss out on museum visits when vacationing because of a sore toe. Many conditions, such as bunions, corns, blisters, ingrown toenails, hammertoes, bony protrusions and sore spots can make wearing shoes excruciating and severely limit your vacation activities. Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads has a solution: All Gel Toe Tubes.
Easy to Use
These soft cushion pads made of 100% pure silicone gel create a barrier between the toe and your footwear, which offers pain relief and protection from additional friction. The tubes offer soft padding that feels silky smooth against your skin and gives hours of long-lasting comfort and never gets too tight. All Gel Toe Tubes can be used with any style of shoes or sandals. Wash in warm water and allow to dry completely. When cared for properly, toe tubes can be used over and over.
Customize for Your Toe Issue
All Gel Toe Tubes are 4 ½ inches long and come in 5 sizes from small to XXLarge. Choose the right size to comfortably fit the circumference of your toe and then cut to the appropriate size for the area that needs to be protected.
Wash and dry your toe and foot before applying the toe tube. Be sure to remove the cushion for at least 3 to 4 hours each day to allow the skin to breathe. Do not apply toe tubes to an open wound. If any irritation or discomfort occurs from using this product, discontinue use right away and notify your podiatrist.
All of Dr. Jill’s products are designed by a podiatrist who is highly experienced in treating all types of toe disorders and knows what patients need. If you are experiencing a problem with another area of your foot or ankle, browse our online catalog. Chances are we have a product that will bring relief and help make walking, standing and other daily activities more comfortable.
To learn more about our products, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) or visiting our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
If you have ever had an ingrown toenail, you know how painful it is. A toenail the grows downward and into the skin around the nail bed causes the area to become red, swollen and very tender to the touch. Sometimes you can work the nail out of the skin by soaking the toe in warm water several times a day and gently massaging the nail bed. Often, your podiatrist will have to remove the ingrown toenail. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we have ways to help reduce the pain as your ingrown toenail heals.
Padding Brings Pain Relief
We offer two products that you can use to protect a tender toe. Both are caps that go over the entire toe, cushioning it and preventing painful pressure. One cap is a combination of fabric and gel and the other is an all-gel cap—both are latex free. These caps will relieve pain and allow you to wear shoes and continue with your daily activities until the toe is fully healed. Like all our products, the toe caps were designed by a podiatrist who truly understands the needs of patients with foot pain. You can view the toe caps in our online catalog or contact us for more information.
Avoiding Ingrown Toenails
Some patients are particularly prone to ingrown toenails. The tendency for them can be inherited. They can also be caused by a trauma, repetitive banging of the toe (if you are a runner or soccer player, for example) or if there is another nail condition present, such as a fungal toenail. There are a few steps you can take to help prevent them from occurring:
- Don’t wear shoes that have cramped toe boxes and squeeze toes together for long periods of time.
- Keep nails trimmed straight across and not too short.
- Never file toenails in a rounded shape or with curved edges.
You should also never attempt to cut out an ingrown nail or resort to “folk remedies,” like sticking a piece of cotton under the nail or cutting a notch in it. These just end up causing worse injuries and possibly a secondary infection as well.
You can order our toe caps and other foot pads online or by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). You can also purchase them in our store located in Deerfield Beach, FL.