At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that one of the most common causes of foot pain is lack of arch support. When the arch is not properly supported, the biomechanics of the foot become imbalanced and can result in pain in the heel, arch, and forefoot and even reaching to your knees, hips and lower back. Some conditions that can occur due to abnormal foot motions include:
Orthotics Can Help
Orthopedic devices and arch support are used to treat or adjust abnormal foot motion, provide support and increase stability, control and balance as well as absorb shock and relieve pressure on uncomfortable spots on the foot. Our Orthotics Full Length are very helpful in correcting biomechanical imbalances of the foot and ankle and are more economical than custom molded orthotics. They are useful for patients who are overweight, have a leg length discrepancy or must be on their feet for long periods of time. Below are seven benefits of our orthotics:
- Athletes can use orthotics to optimize their performance and enhance foot comfort.
- Orthotics can help halt the progression of existing problems, prevent deformities from occurring or increase comfort and promote good foot care.
- Our orthotics are designed by a Podiatrist with years of experience treating many kinds of foot problems that have a biomechanical cause.
- They are super thin, lightweight and yet sturdy and durable in their construction.
- Our full-length orthotic is designed with shock-absorbing foam for maximum protection and comfort.
- These orthotics are the closest device you will get to custom orthotics without casting or digital measuring your feet.
- Our orthotics have a lifetime guarantee never to break, crack or bottom out.
If you want to learn more about our orthotics or any of our other products, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
During the month of October, we celebrate Bone and Joint Action Week and World Arthritis Day. With 33 bones in each of your feet, we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads know that if you suffer from a condition that causes joint pain, it can be extremely disabling for your lower extremities. Arthritis can also be partly responsible for toe joint deformities such as bunions and hammertoes. We offer several products designed to help alleviate the symptoms and, in some cases, help with the source of joint pain.
Spreader with Bunion Combo—a bunion forms as the big toe joint moves out of place and begins to drift toward the second toe. This misalignment of the toe causes pain and discomfort in your foot. Over time it can also lead to corns and sores on the protrusion caused by the bunion due to friction and pressure from your shoes. The Spreader with Bunion Combo separates and aligns toes, thus cushioning the bunions and helping to encourage proper positioning of the joint. This product is latex-free and can be worn on either the left or right foot.
Gel Bunion Night Splint—how about a way to help correct joint alignment while you sleep? That’s exactly what our Gel Bunion Night Splint accomplishes. This appliance offers and adjustable Velcro mid-foot binder and is lined with gel on the inside. A leather exterior helps keep everything in place. It’s available in two sizes, small (fits most women) and large (fits most men).
Budin Splint – Triple Toe—patients with three hammertoes are very familiar with joint pain. Our Budin Splint – Triple Toe is constructed of sturdy but comfortable foam and elastic materials which gently straightens three hammertoes. By allowing them to lie straight, pain is alleviated on the top and tip of the toes. The well-padded bottom provides superior comfort when standing. This product is washable and can be re-used over and over. We also offer Budin Splints for one or two toes.
To see all the products we offer to make your feet feel better, view our online catalog. If you have questions about any of our products, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
When the temperatures begin to drop, many women find that bunion pain intensifies as they switch from flip flops and open sandals to closed toed shoes. Bunions are a progressive condition and will only get worse over time. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we have several products that can help relieve bunion pain.
Spreader with Bunion Combo—this multi-faceted product brings relief from bunion discomfort in a few ways. First, it separates and aligns toes properly and prevents first and second toes from rubbing against one another. The cushioning in the Spreader with Bunion Combo protects the bunion and reduces pain. This product is latex-free.
Gel Bunion Sleeve—a soft gel pad inside the flexible fabric provides superior cushioning over the bunion. It slips easily over your big toe and the gel pad conforms to your foot so as not to create extra bulk in the shoe. You’ll experience immediate relief with the Gel Bunion Sleeve. Best of all, it’s washable and can be re-used over and over for long-lasting comfort. Universal size fits on either foot.
Gel Bunion Night Splint—this product brings relief and helps slow the progression of a bunion while you sleep. The Gel Bunion Night Splint properly aligns the toe, thereby reducing pressure on the bunion. It also stretches the tendons and muscles of the big toe. Soft gel lines the inside of the appliance which has a leather exterior and adjustable Velcro straps mid foot.
Self-Adhesive Gel Corn Pads—a secondary problem caused by bunions are corns that can form on the toe caused by friction from footwear. These Self-Adhesive Gel Corn Pads will adhere to skin to surround and protect the sore area and at the same time create a barrier between toe and shoe. Wash and reuse these pads multiple times.
We offer products to help with every kind of foot pain. See our online catalog for a complete listing or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact our helpful staff at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that bunions occur when the joint at the base of a toe moves out of place and begins to drift toward the next toe. This happens most commonly to the big toe but can also occur with the pinky toe. Although this is primarily a biomechanical defect in the structure of the foot, wearing shoes with tight, narrow toe boxes can speed the progression of bunions. Your Podiatrist will know the best way to treat your bunion. In the meantime, we have several ways to help:
- Spreader with Bunion Combo—when it comes to bunions, the Spreader with Bunion Combo does double duty for the health of your foot. It separates and aligns the toes into proper position while at the same time cushioning and protecting the bunion. It also prevents the first and second toes from rubbing against each other, eliminating painful irritation and the possibility of
- Bunion Care Compression Sleeve—another versatile product is our Bunion Care Compression Sleeve. A large, soft gel pad encased in a soft satin fabric sleeve that slips over your foot gives immediate relief to the pressure of footwear. It is also helpful in reducing scarring after surgery and provides compression to the forefoot and midfoot. The sleeve is latex-free, hypoallergenic and can be washed and re-used over and over.
- Gel Tailor’s Bunion Pad—bunions that develop on the little toe are known as Tailor’s Bunions. To give cushioning over the bunion we’ve created the Gel Tailor’s Bunion Pad which slips easily over your little toe. It creates a barrier between the bunion and your shoes and is made of premier gel with a very soft and stretchy loop that allows it to fit comfortably over your toe. Designed for use in all styles of footwear, this pad is washable and fits either the left or right foot.
- Gel Bunion Sleeve – our most popular seller is the Gel Bunion Sleeve, which comes in a tan satin fabric that provides a comfortable fit on either foot and gives immediate relief from footwear pressure. This washable and re-usable sleeve provides a superior soft gel pad inside the fabric that conforms to your foot and does not create bulk in your shoes.
If you have foot pain, we have a product that can help. View our online catalog to see all our products or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. For more information, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
When your feet hurt, you want relief. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know our products are the best. Here are 10 reasons why you will want to make us your first and last stop for all your foot pad needs.
- Our products are made of high-quality materials and they work. Whether you are looking for items made of our soft gel, cork, foam, moleskin or felt, we make our products out of the most excellent materials. We also offer an extensive selection of tapes and wraps. Check out the testimonials from satisfied customers on our website.
- All of the items we sell were designed by a Podiatrist. Jill Scheur discovered the need for high quality foot pads at lower prices. Because she is a foot doctor, Dr. Jill’s products are precisely created to fill particular foot needs in the most effective, safest way possible.
- Professionals believe in us. We have a network of over 12,000 podiatrists, hospitals and other medical professionals who currently use our foot pads and padding supplies.
- We have an extensive product list and we can provide relief for common conditions such as plantar fasciitis, bunions and ingrown toenails.
- Our products are made in the USA.
- We offer same day shipping on most products.
- You can use any major credit card to pay for your order.
- Our customer service can’t be beat. If you have questions about any of our foot health items, contact us toll free by calling 866- FOOT-PAD or 866-366-8723. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer questions and guide you toward the products that will best help your particular condition.
- If you are the kind of patient who wants to see items in person, we also have a store you can visit in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- We offer free shipping for all orders over $25.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our online store today and get moving toward relief of foot pain and discomfort.
April is National Foot Health Awareness Month and we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads urge patients to pay attention to their feet. Inspecting your feet regularly will help you spot changes in skin and toenails, growths, lumps, wounds or other unusual symptoms that signal a podiatric problem. Foot pain is also not normal and should be diagnosed and treated by a Podiatrist.
Once your foot doctor tracks down the cause of your discomfort and prescribes the proper treatment for your podiatric condition, you need to protect the affected part of your foot or ankle during the healing process. That’s where we can help. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer products that help with many foot disorders (see our complete catalog online). Below is a sampling of products to help alleviate foot pain and protect vulnerable areas.
Achilles Heel Sleeve—patients with Achilles tendonitis appreciate the gentle compression that is applied to the back of the heel area with the Achilles Heel Sleeve. A soft gel pad inside the sleeve protects the sore tendon and prevents friction. It’s latex-free and designed to be used in all styles of footwear. The pads are washable and can be re-used over and over.
Gel Bunion Cushion—superior cushioning over the bunion area is provided by the Gel Bunion Cushion giving immediate relief from footwear pressure. These premier gel bunion cushions have a very soft and stretchy loop that slips easily over the big toe and will not get tight. Pads are available in regular and thick styles.
All Gel Toe Cap—although easily taken care of by your Podiatrist, few conditions are more painful than the ingrown toenail. Our All Gel Toe Cap is soft and slips over the entire toe. It has an extra padded gel tip to ease discomfort and protect the toe from shock and pressure. An added bonus—the gel slowly releases mineral oil to soften and moisturize the skin on the toe. The toe caps are available in four sizes to ensure a comfortable fit.
To learn more about these or other products that protect your feet, visit our Deerfield Beach store or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
If you are recovering from a foot problem or surgery or you suffer with a chronic podiatric condition, it’s time you find out what thousands of people have discovered: Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads can provide excellent and reliable relief. Below are reasons why we are your first and best choice for products to help with your foot problems.
We offer products to treat all podiatric conditions. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer hundreds of products that are specially designed to protect painful areas of your feet and also aid with treatment. We have innovative and economical solutions for plantar fasciitis, corns, calluses, hammertoes, bunions, Achilles tendonitis, arch issues and ball of the foot pain. Whatever foot problem you are suffering with, we have multiple products that will help.
Our products are created by a Podiatrist. Dr. Jill Scheur is the “Dr. Jill” who has designed and created our products. A skilled Podiatrist, Dr. Jill found while working with patients in her practice that there was a real need for high quality foot pads at affordable prices. We know our products work because an expert Podiatrist is behind them.
Doctors and hospitals trust our products. A vast network of over 12,000 hospitals, Podiatrists and other medical professionals use our foot pads and padding supplies. These expert recommendations can give you assurance that the products you choose will work.
It’s convenient to shop our online catalog. You never have to leave the comfort of your home to find the best products for your podiatric needs. Our vast selection contains gel pads, moleskin, foam, cork and felt. We also have a wide variety of tapes and wraps to meet all your foot health care needs. If you wish, you can shop in person at our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
We offer great customer support. If you have questions about any of our amazing products, you can always reach us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff is ready to help you.
Bunions, also known as hallux valgus, although readily identified by the visible bump on the side of the big toe, are really caused by changes in the bone structure of your foot. Defects in the biomechanics of the foot cause the big toe to begin to drift towards the second toe. As the toe moves out of place it causes the bones to become misaligned and the characteristic bump on the side of the toe is formed. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know that bunions are a progressive disorder. That’s why it’s important to have a bunion evaluated by your Podiatrist in its earliest stages. We offer two products that can help slow the progression of bunions while your sleep.
Gel Bunion Night Splint—this splint goes along the side of your foot and hooks over your big toe to help properly align the toe. It has an adjustable Velcro mid-foot binder and gel all along the inside of appliance which helps comfortably stretch the muscles and tendons. The Gel Bunion Night Splint can help slow the progression of the hallus valgus. It features a sturdy leather exterior and is latex-free. It comes in two sizes to fit both men and women.,
Bunion Night Splint—this is another version of a splint that works the same way as the Gel Bunion Night Splint. It is latex-free, and the Bunion Night Splint can also be used after bunion surgery during the healing process.
Each bunion is different and progresses at a different rate. Your Podiatrist will use physical examination and x-rays to determine the best course of treatment and also if and when surgery is needed. We offer several other products as well, including the Gel Bunion Cushion, Gel Bunion Sleeve and Gel Toe Tubes that can help relieve painful symptoms and make wearing shoes more comfortable.
To view these and all our other foot health care products, visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store or see our online catalog. If you have questions about any of our products, contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that patients with bunions suffer even more during the holiday season. Hours of shopping at the mall, standing on long lines at the post office and grocery store, trying to squeeze your feet into festive shoes—all of these activities and longer periods of time on your feet make bunion pain worse.
Reduce the Pain
There are ways to help keep bunion discomfort under control:
- It’s best to avoid shoes with high heels and narrow toe boxes that squeeze the toes and put extra pressure on bunions.
- Take breaks, especially when it comes to standing for long periods of time. Put your feet up if possible, but at the very least, get off them and sit for periods of time throughout the day. Yes, it may take a little longer to complete your holiday tasks, but you’ll be able to do more in the long run.
- Wear your custom orthotic as much as possible if your Podiatrist has prescribed one for your bunion.
Products that Can Help
We offer many products that can help with bunion pain. A sampling of these include:
- Gel Bunion Cushion – a flexible gel pad that slips easily over your big toe provides superior cushioning over the bunion and feels silky smooth against your skin. The gel pad conforms to the shape of your bunion and gives immediate relief from footwear pressure. Designed for use in all styles of footwear, the Gel Bunion Cushion can be washed and re-used over and over again.
- Gel Bunion Sleeve – provides superior cushioning over the bunion area and slips on easily over the big toe. Gel bunion sleeves also come in two sizes S/M and L/XL.
- Spreader with Bunion Combo – this product not only cushions and protects bunions, it separates the toes, encouraging proper alignment. It also prevents the first and second toes from rubbing together, thereby reducing painful irritation between the toes. The Spreader with Bunion Combo is latex free and can be worn on either the left or right foot.
- Bunion Care Compression Sleeve – slipping over your entire foot, the Bunion Care Compression Sleeve has a large, soft gel pad inside the fabric that protects the bunion from abrasion and pressure. It also releases a medical grade mineral oil to continually moisturize and soften the skin. The pad conforms to your foot and will not create bulk in your shoes. It’s latex free and hypoallergenic.
- Gel Bunion Night Splint – this product not only reduces bunion pressure and aligns the big toe but also stretches the muscles and tendons to slow down the progression of a bunion. Comes with an adjustable mid-foot binder and gel along the inside with leather on the exterior. Gel Bunion Night Splints come in 2 sizes that fit comfortably on both men and woman.
- Bunion Night Splint – this splint properly aligns the big toe to reduce the bunion pressure and helps stretch the muscles and tendons to slow down the progression of a bunion. Bunion Night Splint is latex free, comes in two sizes and recommended for surgery recovery immediately following the surgical dressing removal.
- Felt Bunion Pad – this removable and slip on felt helps alleviate the pressure of the bunion. Can be worn two different ways to accommodate the pressure you are experiencing.
These several products we offer all can help relieve your bunion pain. We also offer products that can help with many other foot and ankle conditions. Shop our online catalog to see them all or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. For more information, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
November is American Diabetes Month. This disease affects over 30 million Americans with another 1.5 million being diagnosed each year. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that diabetic patients have special requirements for foot health. Poor circulation, often associated with diabetes, makes it difficult for oxygen-rich blood to get to wounds, particularly in your feet, which slows the healing process. Wounds that are difficult to heal are at risk for infection and, in the worst-case scenario, can lead to amputation. For this reason, it’s essential that patients with diabetes avoid sores and blisters. One way to do this is by reducing any possibilities of friction or pressure on the foot. If you have a bunion, hammertoe or other deformity, great care must be taken to ensure that corns are not rubbed raw or excessive pressure is not put on calluses.
Below are some products that can help protect your feet if you are a patient with diabetes:
Metatarsal and Bunion Protector Sleeve —offering two benefits in one pad, the Metatarsal and Bunion Protector Sleeve provides cushioned protection for bunions and also reduces pressure on the ball of the foot. The gel is contained within a soft elasticated forefoot sleeve which keeps the pad comfortably in place. It is available in sizes small and large and will fit either your left or right foot. Sleeves are washable and re-usable. Our Gel Bunion Sleeve also offers superior cushioning and relief from any footwear pressure and is available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL.
Metatarsal Pads—pure silicone gel provides an excellent cushion which increases comfort and protects skin from breaking down. Plantar fat pad atrophy is natural as you age but this can leave the ball of your foot vulnerable to friction and excessive pressure. Other conditions such as metatarsalgia can be relieved with our Gel Metatarsal Pads, our Gel Ball of Foot Cushions or our Metatarsal Pads which are offered in either felt or foam and 1/4 or 1/8 inch thickness.
Felt and Foam Corn Pads—corns form in response to footwear rubbing on the skin. Corns can become irritated and even turn into sores if not protected. Both our Felt Corn Pads and Foam Corn Pads cushion and protect corns. A center hole placed over the corn creates a barrier between foot gear pressure and the corn. An adhesive backing keeps the pad in place.
To see all the products we offer, visit our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us for additional production information by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).