At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that hammertoes can be extremely debilitating. At first, you may just notice a slight contracture of a toe. Over time, however, the toe becomes more bent and increasingly rigid. Your Podiatrist can help determine the cause and best treatment for your hammertoe. One way to bring relief for hammertoes and also slow their progression is by making appropriate footwear choices. Avoid shoes styles that have narrow or pointy toe boxes and high heels as these force the foot forward and put extra pressure on the toes. Below are 3 products we offer that can help with this common condition.
- Wrap Straps – our unique wrap can secure two or three toes together to help re-position a hammertoe. Adjustable Velcro closure ensures a proper fit. Our Wrap Straps can be cut for optimal sizing. They feature soft, foam cushioning to ease irritation and friction from footwear rubbing on the top of your toe. Constructed of thin, comfortable material, these straps can be worn underneath any socks and shoes.
- 1 Toe Gel Crest Pad – this pad made of Premier Gel has a soft stretchy gel loop that slips easily but securely over your toe. The 1 Toe Gel Crest is a versatile product which can be used multiple ways. It is able to elevate and lift the tips of toes and also to hold down a toe that is moving out of place. These pads are washable and can be reused many times for a comfortable and economical aid in treating hammertoes.
- Gel and Fabric Toe Cap – simply slip on the soft, expandable gel pad over your hammertoe for instant relief from the pressure of footwear. Designed for use in all styles of footwear, the Gel and Fabric Toe Cap – has a padded toe tip. An additional benefit it offers is a slow release of mineral oil which softens and moisturizes the skin of the toe.
- All Gel Toe Caps – latex free, these Gel Toe Caps slip on easily and creates instant relief by cushioning the tips of the your toes.
- Ribbed Gel Toe Caps – fully lined with gel to alleviate any discomfort with your toes. Conveniently sold in S/M, L/XL which comes with 6 caps per bag and XXL comes with 2 caps per bag.
We offer a wide variety of products for all types of foot disorders. Check our online catalog for a complete listing. All of our products can be easily ordered through our website or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).