Do you find that by the end of the day the balls of your feet just ache? This is a common complaint and we at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads have a way to alleviate that pain: Gel Ball of Foot Cushions. Pain in the ball of the foot can have several sources:
- Fat pad atrophy—as you age the fat pad in this part of your foot begins to thin out
- Dropped metatarsal head pain
Whatever the cause of the pain in the ball of your foot, Gel Ball of Foot Cushions can help. These durable gel cushions provide substantial cushioning for the painful areas on the bottom of your foot and offload metatarsal heads. They can be used in any shoes and will greatly increase your comfort when walking or standing for long hours. The pads come in two thicknesses to ensure a comfortable fit and have a self-stick surface making them easy to apply. The pads can be placed directly on the ball of the foot or behind it for maximum pain relief. Your podiatrist can advise you on the ideal placement based on your podiatric condition.
Application and Care
To use the Gel Ball of Foot Cushions, follow these simple steps:
- Wash your foot and dry completely. Do not apply any lotions, powders or ointments to the skin where the pad will be placed as this can dramatically decrease the effectiveness and life of the gel pad.
- Position the cushion with the hole comfortably placed on or behind the painful area of the ball of your foot.
- When ready to remove, simply gently peel the cushion away from the skin. (It is recommended that you remove the cushion for at least 3-4 hours each day to allow the skin to breathe.)
Gel Ball of Foot Pads are durable and reusable. Hand wash the gel pad with a mild soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry. The self-adhering surface will renew once the pad is completely dry and it can be re-used many times if properly cared for.
Be aware, gel pads should not be placed on an open wound. If you experience any irritation or discomfort from the pad, remove immediately and notify your podiatrist of the reaction.
To learn more about Gel Ball of Foot Pads and other products that can bring foot pain relief, view our online catalog or contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). You can also visit our store if you are in the Deerfield Beach, FL area.