At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we hope all of our clients are staying healthy and taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of the COVID virus. This challenging time has meant a lot of adjustments for people and we’d like to offer some suggestions for ways to pass the time that will help everyone make the best of this stressful period.
- Have a Feel-Good Movie-a-Thon—what’s your favorite genre? Romance, comedy? Rather than mindlessly flipping from channel to channel, look for movies with a positive message. If you live with others, ask everyone to share a favorite movie and tell why it impacted them.
- Finally Clean Out That Closet! Sort clothes into keep, give away and toss piles. Make note of items you need to replace in your wardrobe. Consider have a facetime or zoom session with friends and have a virtual swap. Show pieces that are up for grabs and put aside for when you get together to give to your friends. Don’t forget to go through your shoe wardrobe as well and toss styles that are worn or hurt your feet.
- Stay Fit—although gyms may be closed, it’s important to continue to get regular exercise. Enjoy neighborhood walks, especially on good-weather days. Get creative at home and set up your own fitness circuit using whatever exercise equipment you have. You can use water bottles and canned goods for weights. Try a thick book for stair stepping up and own. Look up new exercise routines online. For a quick fitness hit that’s fun with children, have a spontaneous dance party—crank up the tunes and have everybody show off their best moves.
- Preserve Precious Family Memories—how many of us have flash drives full of images or boxes of actual photos that have never been organized? Now is a great time to put photos in albums and organize digital images. Discover new ways to share photos. Let children help with this project and use the time to pass on stories about your family.
- Learn Something New—thanks to the wonders of the internet, you can learn just about anything from how to knit to speak a foreign language or make the perfect souffle. What have you always wished you knew how to do? Many schools have switched to online learning. Why not explore new places around the globe as a family using the resources available.
At Dr. Jill’s we want you to know that we are here for you. If you have any foot product needs, don’t hesitate to contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). Be safe and stay healthy.