At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we know that in many parts of the country, young athletes are already gearing up for the fall sports season. High schools take sports seriously and usually start even before school is in session with intense practice periods. For teens who have been inactive most of the summer this can be a recipe for podiatric disaster resulting in injuries and foot pain. Be sure that your teen is moving during the last weeks before the fall sports season starts. If they have an ongoing podiatric problem, it is strongly recommended that they get a checkup from their Podiatrist. Below are some common problems athlete’s face and some products that can help increase comfort while playing sports.
Turf Toe—this injury is a sprain of the big toe that can occur with a sudden and extreme pushing off with the foot. The injury is more apt to occur on artificial turf which can cause the foot to come to a stop more abruptly than natural grass fields, hence the name, Turf Toe. To help stiffen the sole of the shoe and limit the range of motion of the fore- and midfoot, we recommend our Carbon Stabilizer Plates. These are extremely thin and immobilize the toe to help prevent injury. They are available in men and women’s sizes and are also helpful in preventing shin splints, another common sports injury. The Turf Toe/Bunion Strap J-61 is also another great product to help alleviate pain with Turf Toe. This product adds extra support to the big toe and is latex free.
Heel Pain—many teens experience a condition known as Sever’s disease. This disorder causes severe heel pain due to the growth plate at the back of the heel not being fully developed and becoming inflamed. Gel Heel Pads provide incredible cushioning and provide comfort and pain relief with every step. These pads are designed to be worn in all types of shoes. They are washable and can be re-used many times.
Runner’s toe—a black toenail may be a cause for alarm unless you are a runner and used to this sight, which is caused by the constant impact of the toe against the front of the shoe. Our All Gel Toe Cap slips over the affected toe and helps insulate the toe against shock and pressure. Our Toe Caps – Rib Gel is another product we offer that can help relieve runner’s toe pain. The Toe Caps -Rib Gel comes in multiple size to fit any toe.
We offer products to help with all types of foot pain. To see all of our products, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Contact us if you have questions about specific products by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Toes–they may be little but at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know if they’re hurting, they can cause a big problem. When toes are in pain it makes it difficult to stand or walk. Wearing shoes can become a source of excruciating discomfort. Thankfully, we offer many products to help with a myriad of toe problems. Below are some of our more popular ones.
Ingrown Toenails—cutting toenails too short or rounding the edges can allow the nail start to grow into the skin surrounding the nail bed. Wearing shoes that are too tight can also foster the development of this painful condition. For some patients, ingrown toenails are a chronic problem. If you suffer with this disorder, consider our All Gel Toe Cap or the Gel and Fabric Toe Cap.
Hammertoes—so named because of the hammer-like appearance of the toe when it has this deformity, patients with hammertoes have to be careful to treat them in the early stages while the toes are still flexible. Without treatment, hammertoes can become rigidly bent in the misaligned position leading to difficulty with balance and secondary conditions of corns and calluses from the toe rubbing against the tops of shoes. Some products to try if you have a hammertoe include, the Triple Toe Gel Crest Pad, which can be worn with the crest on top of the toes to hold down three toes and keep them straight as well as provide a barrier to footwear. Some other helpful products are: our Budin Splint Triple Toe and our Foam Toe Separators.
Turf Toe—this injury is essentially a sprain of the big toe joint that can occur from a sudden jamming of the toe or repetitive stress on the joint. Less flexible shoes can help with turf toe as well as our Carbon Stabilizer Plates, which will limit the range of motion of the forefoot.
We have products to help with nearly any foot problem. To see all our products, view our online catalog or stop by our store in Deerfield Beach, FL. If you need more information about specific products, contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
May is Arthritis Awareness Month and at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know how debilitating the condition can be. Arthritis can strike a patient of any age, sex or race. Currently, it’s estimated that 50 million adults in the United States and 300,000 children have some form of arthritis. The term arthritis actually covers over 100 different joint disorder. One in particular, rheumatoid arthritis, can result in crooked toes and other toe deformities such as hammertoes and claw toes. The best treatment outcomes for crooked toes occur when they are treated in their early stages and are still flexible.
Maintaining Proper Alignment
We offer several products that can help you keep toes that are moving out of place better aligned. Our Gel Buddy Splint separates crooked or overlapping digits using two soft stretchy loops with a spacer in between. It’s made of premier gel and latex-free. A versatile product that can be used to relieve pressure by elevating the tips of toes or keep toes from overlapping is the 1 Toe Gel Crest Pad. This product can be washed and re-used multiple time.
Another problem when toes begin to bend or become deformed is pain caused by friction from shoes and from rubbing and pressing up against one another. Our Foam Toe Separators are soft and malleable. They cushion sore spots between toes and bring relief from the irritation caused when one toe rubs on another. The separators are made of non-medicated, medical-grade foam and are designed for use in all footwear styles. If you need both friction reduction and straightening, our Gel Spreader with Loop takes care of both issues. Designed specifically for use between the big toe and the second toe, this soft, flexible hourglass-shaped toe spreader features a look to keep it in place.
At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads our aim is to provide relief and help with all types of foot disorders. Check our online catalog to see all of our products or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
When your feet hurt, you want relief. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we know our products are the best. Here are 10 reasons why you will want to make us your first and last stop for all your foot pad needs.
- Our products are made of high-quality materials and they work. Whether you are looking for items made of our soft gel, cork, foam, moleskin or felt, we make our products out of the most excellent materials. We also offer an extensive selection of tapes and wraps. Check out the testimonials from satisfied customers on our website.
- All of the items we sell were designed by a Podiatrist. Jill Scheur discovered the need for high quality foot pads at lower prices. Because she is a foot doctor, Dr. Jill’s products are precisely created to fill particular foot needs in the most effective, safest way possible.
- Professionals believe in us. We have a network of over 12,000 podiatrists, hospitals and other medical professionals who currently use our foot pads and padding supplies.
- We have an extensive product list and we can provide relief for common conditions such as plantar fasciitis, bunions and ingrown toenails.
- Our products are made in the USA.
- We offer same day shipping on most products.
- You can use any major credit card to pay for your order.
- Our customer service can’t be beat. If you have questions about any of our foot health items, contact us toll free by calling 866- FOOT-PAD or 866-366-8723. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be able to answer questions and guide you toward the products that will best help your particular condition.
- If you are the kind of patient who wants to see items in person, we also have a store you can visit in Deerfield Beach, FL.
- We offer free shipping for all orders over $25.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our online store today and get moving toward relief of foot pain and discomfort.
They may seem small, but if you have a toe that’s hurting, here at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads understand it can be a big painful problem. We take it for granted when we walk, and our toes are what helps us push off and take a step. Toes also help us with our balance. Relief from toe pain is essential for staying active. Below are some of our top toe products:
Carbon Stabilizer Plates—patients who play sports on turf fields, like football and soccer, are at a particular risk for a condition known as turf toe. Coming to a very short stop or pushing off with extreme force can cause an injury to the big toe joint. Carbon Stabilizer Plates worn inside your shoes stiffen the sole of the shoe and limit the range of motion of the fore and midfoot, making the shoe less flexible to prevent overextending. These plates are also useful for patients that have hallux limitus, arthritis and metatarsalgia, among other conditions.
All Gel Toe Cap—if you’ve ever suffered with an ingrown toenail, you know how tender and painful it can be. Enter the All Gel Toe Cap with superior padding and soft gel tip to cushion and protect a hurting toe. Corns, hammertoes and toe injuries are other podiatric conditions that can benefit from this product. These pads are washable and reusable for long wear and are designed for use in all types of footwear.
Triple Toe Gel Crest Pad—if you suffer with hammertoes, the Triple Toe Gel Crest Pad will bring relief in two ways. The soft, stretchy premier gel can hold three toes together to keep them aligned with a toe crest pad on the bottom. With the toe crest on the top it helps hold toes down and straighten them while at the same time providing a cushioned barrier between toe tops and footwear.
Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads feature products to deal with all types of foot disorders. To see all of our products, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. For more information, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
If you are recovering from a foot problem or surgery or you suffer with a chronic podiatric condition, it’s time you find out what thousands of people have discovered: Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads can provide excellent and reliable relief. Below are reasons why we are your first and best choice for products to help with your foot problems.
We offer products to treat all podiatric conditions. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer hundreds of products that are specially designed to protect painful areas of your feet and also aid with treatment. We have innovative and economical solutions for plantar fasciitis, corns, calluses, hammertoes, bunions, Achilles tendonitis, arch issues and ball of the foot pain. Whatever foot problem you are suffering with, we have multiple products that will help.
Our products are created by a Podiatrist. Dr. Jill Scheur is the “Dr. Jill” who has designed and created our products. A skilled Podiatrist, Dr. Jill found while working with patients in her practice that there was a real need for high quality foot pads at affordable prices. We know our products work because an expert Podiatrist is behind them.
Doctors and hospitals trust our products. A vast network of over 12,000 hospitals, Podiatrists and other medical professionals use our foot pads and padding supplies. These expert recommendations can give you assurance that the products you choose will work.
It’s convenient to shop our online catalog. You never have to leave the comfort of your home to find the best products for your podiatric needs. Our vast selection contains gel pads, moleskin, foam, cork and felt. We also have a wide variety of tapes and wraps to meet all your foot health care needs. If you wish, you can shop in person at our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
We offer great customer support. If you have questions about any of our amazing products, you can always reach us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723). Our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff is ready to help you.
It’s that time of year when people are starting new fitness routines. Running is a popular choice for people who want to get in shape in the upcoming year. Runners are susceptible to specific foot problems however, that can stop a new fitness plan dead in its tracks if proper precautions are not taken. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we offer many products that will help runners decrease foot pain and prevent possible long-term problems. Below are three of our most popular:
- All Gel Toe Cap—Runner’s Toe is a condition where one or more of the toenails turns black. The medical term for this is a subungual hematoma, which is basically blood pooling under the nail. It is caused by repetitive jamming of the toe up against the front of the shoe as you run. Although not particularly dangerous, runner’s toe can be quite painful. Our All Gel Toe Cap is extra padded and slips over the entire toe to protect it from shock and pressure. The provides comfort and prevents additional pain.
- Carbon Stabilizer Plates—Used as inserts in your shoes, Carbon Stabilizer Plates stiffen the sole of the shoe and thereby limit the range of motion of the forefoot and midfoot. This makes it a great choice if you suffer from turf toe, hallux rigidus, metatarsalgia and several other conditions of the fore and midfoot.
- Felt Metatarsal Pads—Another product that can help with metatarsalgia and other disorders that cause pain in the ball of the foot are our Felt Metatarsal Pads. These pads offload metatarsal heads and provides cushioning.
We offer products that can help with nearly all foot and ankle conditions. To see our full line of products, view our online catalog or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store. Have questions? Contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
You’ve shopped and found the perfect gift for everyone on your list but now that most of them have been wrapped and the shopping, mailing, cooking and cleaning have been done, how about a gift for your feet? Those two amazing structures are what helped you get everything done this holiday season and at Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads we have some treats in store for your sore feet. Check out the products below to help relieve pain from common podiatric conditions and protect vulnerable parts of your feet.
Ingrown Toenails—for some patients, ingrown toenails are a chronic problem. Even if you wear the proper footwear that doesn’t have a narrow toe box which squeezes toes together, this can be a recurring condition. We offer a few products which can protect a sensitive toe that has an ingrown nail. These include:
- All Gel Caps—slips over the entire toe or finger and insulates it from pressure and shock. Comes in multiple sizes for a comfortable fit. Our Ribbed Gel Caps are latex free and are conveniently sold in larger quantity packs.
- Gel and Fabric Caps—this expandable, soft gel pad fits over the toe or finger and can be custom cut to the correct size.
Corns—these painful, hard spots on the feet often form due to pressure from footwear caused by a toe deformity or other biomechanical problem. Try these products to reduce pain:
- Clear Gel Pressure Points—apply directly to the corn to protect from friction and pressure.
- Gel Corn Pads—a soft fabric sleeve contains gel which breathes easily and stretches to fit your toes. Washable and reusable, these pads are made to be used in all type of footwear.
- Gel Ecogel Tubes Ribbed—if you have a distal corn, these ribbed tubes are fully lined with gel to protect the skin. They are latex-free and available in two sizes. All of our EcoGel items release mineral oil to help soothe the affected area.
Toe Deformities—the more you walk, the more the toe moves out of place and the more pain you feel. We offer several products to help re-align your toes and protect them:
- Toe Separators—we have a number of products designed to separate the toes made out of gel and foam.
- Splints—we also feature several splints for one, two or three toes. These are also available in various materials.
See all products for crooked toes when you shop our website by symptom. To learn more about these or any of our other products, visit our Deerfield Beach store or contact us at: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723).
Anyone who has had an ingrown toenail knows how painful it can be. One edge of the nail begins to grow down and into the skin surrounding the toenail. This causes inflammation, swelling, tenderness and extreme pain. Left untreated, ingrown toenails can also become infected. Although ingrown toenails happen most often to the big toe, they can develop in any toe. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, we have two products specifically designed to protect and cushion sore toes while they heal.
Toe Caps to the Rescue
All Gel Toe Caps, Gel and Fabric Toe Caps and Ribbed Gel Toe Caps have a number of excellent features that relieve pain and increase comfort for patients suffering from an ingrown toenail:
- Padded tips insulate toes from shock and pressure
- Toe caps slip comfortably over the entire toe with a cushioned fit that’s flexible and not too tight
- Designed to be used in all styles of footwear
- Gel slowly releases mineral oil which softens and moistens the skin
The All Gel Toe Caps are available in a variety of sizes with large being for the big toe and then medium (which is best for the big toe on many women), small and mini which can accommodate virtually every man or woman’s toe. The Gel and Fabric Toe Caps can be cut down to custom fit whichever toe you need it for and the Ribbed Gel Toe Caps are available in sizes S/M and L/XL for the 6 packs or XXL for the 2 packs.
Get the Most from Your Toe Caps
Your toe caps can last for many uses with the proper care. To get the maximum life from the caps, we recommend that you hand wash them with a mild soap and water. Rinse completely and then air dry. After the toe tubes are dry, you can lightly dust the gel with talcum powder if the cap feels sticky.
As with all products, do not use toe caps over an open wound. If you experience any discomfort while wearing the caps, discontinue use immediately and notify your Podiatrist.
To see other products Dr. Jill has for other foot ailments, view our online catalog. For questions, contact us by calling: (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) or visit our Deerfield Beach, FL store.
Running is a great way to get in shape. At Dr. Jill’s Foot Pads, however, we know that it also can put quite a bit of strain on your feet and ankles. As a runner, there are some precautions you can take to help avoid harm to your feet. These include:
- Wearing the proper shoes. Running shoes are specifically designed for the motion and stress put on your feet by this activity. Be sure to get professionally measured and fitted and replace running shoes when they are worn out.
- Warm up. The proper stretches at the beginning and end of your run can go a long way toward preventing injury as well as several chronic foot and ankle conditions.
- Listen to your body. Always start out slowly and gradually increase your workout as your fitness level increases. If you experience pain, don’t try to run through it. Stop! If the pain is ongoing or acute, contact your Podiatrist to get it evaluated.
Common Runner Problems
Some lower extremity issues commonly associated with running include:
Runner’s Toe—the repeated hitting of the toe up against the front of the shoe can cause the toenail to become bruised and black. Avid runners are also at a higher risk for ingrown toenails. Don’t let a sore toe keep you off the track. Our All Gel Toe Cap and our Gel and Fabric Toe Caps can provide protective cushioning to the toe for increased comfort when you run.
Ankle Sprains—this is a very common injury, especially if you run on uneven surfaces such as city sidewalks or wooded trails. Full rehabilitation of ankle injuries is necessary to prevent weak ankles from becoming a chronic problem. Our Gel Malleolar Sleeve cushions the ankle and protects against impact, pressure and injury. We also offer moleskin rolls and an extensive variety of tapes in various materials and sizes to help ankles stay stable.
Achilles Tendonitis—this condition is prevalent among professional runners and “weekend warriors.” It can result from overuse or from a sudden increase in duration or intensity of your run. Hill running can also inflame this tendon. Try our Achilles Heel Sleeve or one of our heel lifts or pads to help prevent Achilles issues.
We have many other products that can help runners. Visit our online catalog or our Deerfield Beach, FL store or contact us by calling (866) FOOT-PAD (366-8723) for more choices.